Stats
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Welcome to the official Isles of Eventide forum!

Author Topic: Sanctum of Eventide [Info+Download]  (Read 10856 times)

Offline Amber

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sanctum of Eventide [Info+Download]
« on: May 03, 2016, 01:24:47 am »
For those who are unaware, Sanctum of Eventide was a smaller-scale project that we ran a few years ago. It is an "Impressive Title" server. For those uncertain as to what Impressive Title is, Google is your friend. Alternatively, feel free to private message me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I'd rather not clog this thread with general-IT questions!

Sanctum of Eventide was closed down a couple of years ago at our discretion with the intention of redirecting all of our money and manpower into Isles of Eventide. A few months ago, for testing purposes, we put the server back up but did not publicly announce as much as we had no intentions to come back full force to the public. It is by chance that someone still had the old Sanctum of Eventide client and found they could log in. News spread, and so here we are.

We will not be actively moderating, monitoring, updating, or fixing server-hiccups for Sanctum of Eventide. Play at your own discretion. We won't really be looking into any reports, but if there is a problem you feel needs overseeing, then send me a personal message on here and I will look into it as soon as I can.

As for rules: use your common sense. Stealing is a crime, be kind to one another. All old SoE rules, in general, respectfully apply.

We allow cursing/cussing/strong language on SoE, but please don't use that to bully someone else. No one likes bullies, ok? Ok.

DOWNLOAD:

First be aware that this is not our own download. We no longer have any official download spot for Sanctum of Eventide, as we no longer actively support it. The link I'm about to give you was created by another user, who is not affiliated with The BloodStreamStudios Team. That said, one of our own check it and it does not appear to be tampered with.

DOWNLOAD

Additionally, Sanctum of Eventide is not the prequel, sequel, double, etc. to Isles of Eventide. Isles of Eventide will not be an Impressive Title server.

Feel free to talk about all SoE related topics in this threads.

Thanks and enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:32:27 pm by Amber »
Questions? Check out our frequently asked questions first.

Rules & Guidelines

Offline Jamie96

• CTO & Lead Developer
  • Staff on Hiatus
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Isles Of Eventide
Re: Sanctum of Eventide [OFFICIAL DISCUSSION]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:15:20 pm »
Reserved.

Offline Jordi

• heck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »
hey there, i have a question regarding the download file;

when i had downloaded it, it worked/downloaded perfectly fine all up until it was time to open the game file. norton then gave me a notification claiming that the file is harmful to the computer, which had been very suspicious to me considering that i have previously played sanctum of eventide with no harmful risks towards the state of my computer. after that, i clicked on "more details" and i then attempted to exclude the file from being scanned, which in my mind i assumed that the problem was going to be fixed regarding the opening situation; which it definitely did not. i had to re-download it several times before i officially gave up, which is a huge bummer considering that i have missed the game and to see it be temporarily up again was a huge boost on my day. now, i am not quite sure whether the problem is within the file itself, or the website, which is why i am asking.

with that being said, i am wondering if there were to be a chance at an alternative download source to the game, or is that the only solid and permanent link to acquire the game once again? if there is not, then what do you suggest i may do for my computer to allow the file to be installed onto my computer?

if you are unable to provide any information on this matter, that is totally understandable, but i am figuring that it is worth a shot.

thank you!

Offline Mercy

• Bloodstream Alpha
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 04:02:19 pm »
Norton is a very tricky antivirus software to deal with. It has a tendency to shut down an entire range of downloads that are perfectly safe, for various reasons. This time, it's likely due to the download source being put up by an individual person (IE. not a big, well known, company), or because there are so few people having used the download. It can take a few hundred people having downloaded something before Norton goes "oh I guess its not so suspicious..."

Sometimes exclusions have a time limit, so if the game isn't done downloading before the exclusion time runs out, then it will kill the download. I got so irritated with Norton I switched back to AVG lol.

My suggestion would be to turn off your Norton completely for the time it takes to download the game. That's the only way, short of fiddling around deep in the Norton settings, to make sure that it doesn't continue to cause problems.

Offline Jamie96

• CTO & Lead Developer
  • Staff on Hiatus
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Isles Of Eventide
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 04:43:54 pm »
Norton is a very tricky antivirus software to deal with. It has a tendency to shut down an entire range of downloads that are perfectly safe, for various reasons. This time, it's likely due to the download source being put up by an individual person (IE. not a big, well known, company), or because there are so few people having used the download. It can take a few hundred people having downloaded something before Norton goes "oh I guess its not so suspicious..."

Sometimes exclusions have a time limit, so if the game isn't done downloading before the exclusion time runs out, then it will kill the download. I got so irritated with Norton I switched back to AVG lol.

My suggestion would be to turn off your Norton completely for the time it takes to download the game. That's the only way, short of fiddling around deep in the Norton settings, to make sure that it doesn't continue to cause problems.

This is true, Norton( a Symantec Product) has a feature called Download Insight, which flags lesser known programs by a reputation matrix. Sanctum has been gone for awhile, so as far as Norton cares, SoE has been used by a very, very small number of people, and since we don't have a major corporation vetted signature on the game, Norton would rather be safe than sorry. The only way around this right now is do disable Norton if it doesn't have any sort of "run it anyway" options. You could also whitelist/exclude a folder and download SoE to that.

If you want to verify that the file you download is complete and correct(and that you should be able to trust it), I can post some hashes(MD5, CRC, etc) you can use to verify it?

If we were to create some sort of official download however, it would be a torrent, because we don't have a ton of bandwidth available currently.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:46:12 pm by Jamie96 »

Offline Jordi

• heck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 09:44:11 pm »

This is true, Norton( a Symantec Product) has a feature called Download Insight, which flags lesser known programs by a reputation matrix. Sanctum has been gone for awhile, so as far as Norton cares, SoE has been used by a very, very small number of people, and since we don't have a major corporation vetted signature on the game, Norton would rather be safe than sorry. The only way around this right now is do disable Norton if it doesn't have any sort of "run it anyway" options. You could also whitelist/exclude a folder and download SoE to that.

If you want to verify that the file you download is complete and correct(and that you should be able to trust it), I can post some hashes(MD5, CRC, etc) you can use to verify it?

If we were to create some sort of official download however, it would be a torrent, because we don't have a ton of bandwidth available currently.

thank you so much for getting back to me as quick as you had. SoE had been my ultimate favorite game  back when it was around, so finding out that it is temporarily running was something that i was so ecstatic to hear, and the fact that norton decided to stop the download multiple times had really upset me.

also, there is no need for further proof. i trust you and the game developers very well considering that the staff have managed to put out a very great game, and not to mention a very great game that is soon to come. i will try exactly what you two had suggested; thank you again!

Offline Lunarwolf22

• I'm Different!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 05:44:44 am »
I downloaded the game, but it says to me that it has a problem finding Direct3D driver or something like that.
Here's the picture:
Spoiler: spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 07:13:56 am »
I downloaded the game, but it says to me that it has a problem finding Direct3D driver or something like that.
Here's the picture:

Try to either download DirectX or Direct3D

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23803 (Direct3D)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&nowin10 (DirectX)

Offline Lunarwolf22

• I'm Different!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 04:53:19 am »
Here's the picture:

Thank you so much ^.^ it worked :D

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 10:17:27 am »
Here's the picture:

Thank you so much ^.^ it worked :D

you're welcome <3

Offline BlackWolfShade

• Dare to be Different!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 06:09:32 pm »
I played for maybe 10 minutes, before i was banned?
What's up with that?... :/

youtube.com/user/BlackW0lfShade  ▬▬  youtube.com/user/FadingSpirits
twitch.tv/fadingspirits

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 07:32:17 am »

Just a glitch. Like the staff said in another post, the server wasn't intended to be up, therefore they aren't really going to moderate it. The game will lose connection a lot and the server has a little "restart" around 11 PM (In my time. CT). Should be fine though. Just log back in whenever that happens

Offline Jamie96

• CTO & Lead Developer
  • Staff on Hiatus
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Isles Of Eventide
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »

Just a glitch. Like the staff said in another post, the server wasn't intended to be up, therefore they aren't really going to moderate it. The game will lose connection a lot and the server has a little "restart" around 11 PM (In my time. CT). Should be fine though. Just log back in whenever that happens

This. Server is highly unstable in it's current state and keeps having weird issues. But I can say that you weren't saved in the banlist so you should be clear now.

Offline BlackWolfShade

• Dare to be Different!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 05:35:42 pm »
Thanks guys. And yeah, i figured there would be problems. But have to admit, left me really no way to legit play without having to struggle to do so.
But thanks. :)

youtube.com/user/BlackW0lfShade  ▬▬  youtube.com/user/FadingSpirits
twitch.tv/fadingspirits

Offline Hemoderme.

• I'm Different!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 05:48:25 pm »
I'm sooo excited hearing the server is back online. That probably was one of my 2-3 favorites, I've got some great memories from there. :)
However, I completely forgot a password to my old account. Is it possible to get it back or change for the new one?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:42:10 pm by Hemoderme. »

Isles of Eventide