Stats
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Welcome to the official Isles of Eventide forum!

Author Topic: Sanctum of Eventide [Info+Download]  (Read 10851 times)

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
Re: Sanctum of Eventide [OFFICIAL DISCUSSION]
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 08:04:31 pm »
I'm sooo excited hearing the server is back online. That probably was one of my 2-3 favorites, I've got some great memories from there. :)
However, I completely forgot a password to my old account. Is it possible to get it back or change for the new one?

Unfortunately, all of our accounts were wiped from the servers data so whoever decides to hop back into SoE, will indeed have to start a brand new account in game.

Offline Kelgerobentlee

• I'm Different!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 01:26:51 pm »
Today the old Sanctum of Eventide server stopped connecting, for everybody. I know that if it is broken it won't be turned back on, but does anyone know if it was intentional? Some other admins said that the game would be available to the public for as long as the server didn't break, or until IoE came out, so I didn't know if it broke or was purposefully taken down to focus on IoE.

Any response would be great.  P:
Thank you!

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 02:14:17 pm »
Today the old Sanctum of Eventide server stopped connecting, for everybody. I know that if it is broken it won't be turned back on, but does anyone know if it was intentional? Some other admins said that the game would be available to the public for as long as the server didn't break, or until IoE came out, so I didn't know if it broke or was purposefully taken down to focus on IoE.

Any response would be great.  P:
Thank you!

I don't believe so. I'm sure the staff would've said something. Keep in mind the server isn't stable, meaning it will lose connection often due to the fact no one is really tending to it. The staff stated they didn't intend to close it down at the moment, and players can join whenever as long as the server works. Maybe the server is having a glitch. But no, I don't think the staff shut it down out of nowhere.

Offline Jamie96

• CTO & Lead Developer
  • Staff on Hiatus
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Isles Of Eventide
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 02:17:12 pm »
Yeah, just a glitch. Didn't come back from last night's reboot. Should be good now.

Don't worry, if and when we do shut SoE down again we will be sure to tell everyone first. But ultimately we aren't really paying attention to it so if it glitches it can take awhile to get noticed.

Offline Vandal

• dead loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 12:09:36 pm »
aw yay I've missed SoE, thanks for putting the server back up! see you guys on there, I'll be under the user Vandal.
☾❂

Offline Calvin

• ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 04:57:57 pm »
On the original thread which the download link was posted, Do i just go with downloading through browser? I'm a tad confused, but SoE was the best IT server i ever knew so i'm totally not giving up on this

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 10:30:21 am »
On the original thread which the download link was posted, Do i just go with downloading through browser? I'm a tad confused, but SoE was the best IT server i ever knew so i'm totally not giving up on this

Yes, unless you have the other option installed onto your computer.

Offline Calvin

• ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 02:14:48 pm »
My friend is trying to download SoE, but every time she has tried the setup it stops at Preset1data and says there is an error with it, and then says ''setup could not be completed''? This didn't happen to me at all but after redownloading the setup multiple times and trying it multiple times she still can't get it to work. Anyone have any clue what she should do?

Offline Jamie96

• CTO & Lead Developer
  • Staff on Hiatus
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Isles Of Eventide
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »
My friend is trying to download SoE, but every time she has tried the setup it stops at Preset1data and says there is an error with it, and then says ''setup could not be completed''? This didn't happen to me at all but after redownloading the setup multiple times and trying it multiple times she still can't get it to work. Anyone have any clue what she should do?

First thing to consider is disk space. SoE is nearly 2GB installed, and the installer is 1GB compressed. I like to recommend that people have at least 5GB free due to OS requirements.

Next thing to consider is permissions. If your system is running Windows Vista or newer, do not install to Program Files. Install to the default C:\SanctumOfEventide folder.

Next is Anti-Virus, try to disable your anti-virus program during the install. Some AVs are very invasive and can timeout the installer.

If those don't help, let's check if the download is becoming corrupted. I recommend using the latest 7-zip (http://7-zip.org/ ) for this, it's a very common archiving tool that most people have installed already and if they don't, they should. In addition to opening and creating archives, the latest 7-zip also includes a checksum calculator that we will use.

When you right click a file or folder, right below the 7-zip option is a menu labeled "CRC SHA". (If you don't have this menu, update 7-zip...it's a new feature within the last few months). Select the SHA-1 option and verify that the output matches this:

You require the following to view this post content:
  • You need to log in to view this content, please login or register.

If it matches, then you have what I have, a complete and original copy of the SoE installer, and we will have to investigate other possible issues with your system.

If it does not match, then the download has become corrupted either on the web host or on it's way to you. We will have to investigate whether another download option would be more successful.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:02:05 pm by Jamie96 »

Offline magicbeast11

• Dare to dream!
    • View Profile
When is the game coming out?
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »
I have seen wonderful things from the making of this game. But my big question is..... When is it coming out!!!!!

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
Re: When is the game coming out?
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 06:09:21 am »
I have seen wonderful things from the making of this game. But my big question is..... When is it coming out!!!!!

The game most likely won't be out for a few years.

-Kitty

Offline Zitkin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 03:39:33 pm »
I've only came across this right at this moment, and also called some of my friends to play along. Hopefully the server is still online, because this got me quite excited.

Although, the fact that MEGA forced me to create an account and restart the entire download (it was at around the 80% mark) made my happiness go down by a lot. Which is fine tbh.

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 10:59:07 pm »
I've only came across this right at this moment, and also called some of my friends to play along. Hopefully the server is still online, because this got me quite excited.

Although, the fact that MEGA forced me to create an account and restart the entire download (it was at around the 80% mark) made my happiness go down by a lot. Which is fine tbh.

Hm. Didn't happen to me. Maybe that happened when you clicked download by Mega rather than by your browser? Hopefully you can get on now though!

-Kitty

Offline Mothy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 09:04:43 am »
I hope this is the right topic to ask this. If it's not, I apologize.

My issue is with the installer. Everything went smoothly, but the game couldn't be run. And i'm sure the installator wasn't broken. The error I got was as follows "C:\SanctumofEventide\magix.exe Cannot run the application due to incorrect configuration. The problem can be solved by re-installing." The wording may not be exact, because the message was in Polish and I just translated it. So, of course, I re-downloaded and re-installed the app, but still got the same message. What do I do now? I'm confused.

Offline Jamie96

• CTO & Lead Developer
  • Staff on Hiatus
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Isles Of Eventide
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 12:41:04 pm »
I hope this is the right topic to ask this. If it's not, I apologize.

My issue is with the installer. Everything went smoothly, but the game couldn't be run. And i'm sure the installator wasn't broken. The error I got was as follows "C:\SanctumofEventide\magix.exe Cannot run the application due to incorrect configuration. The problem can be solved by re-installing." The wording may not be exact, because the message was in Polish and I just translated it. So, of course, I re-downloaded and re-installed the app, but still got the same message. What do I do now? I'm confused.

@Mothy Hello. Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

This error usually means you need to install the Visual Studio redistributable.  I can't remember if SoE needs 2005, 2008, or 2010, but there's no harm in getting them all.

Isles of Eventide