Stats
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Get familiar with the rules and FAQ's! Join in on discussions!

Author Topic: DO WE SHUT SOE DOWN FOR GOOD?  (Read 89 times)

Offline Maniac

• CEO of BSS
  • Administrator
  • Beware the Beast
    • View Profile
DO WE SHUT SOE DOWN FOR GOOD?
« on: January 30, 2018, 03:27:01 pm »
As everyone knows we have been leaving the Sanctum Of Eventide Server actively running for anyone who wants to have a visit with nostalgia. There are no regular admin monitoring the server although we all occasionally stop in to check on things and spawn animals etc for the loyal SOE die hards. Since there has not been a large turnout of players on lately we have been starting to toss the idea of closing the server back down for good.

Now we have heard that Dragons Den which is our sister server might be shutting down and so we wanted to put the question out there...do we keep SOE up in its current capacity for any lost and wandering DD players or do we move forward with our shutdown? Both games came from the same root system and when SOE was originally shut down we had passed a large amount of our items etc to DD for their use. DD has since vastly updated into different directions but both servers still run parallel courses in regards to content.

It is no hardship to us to keep SOE up and running but if it stays a ghost town we don't see the point....Please add your voice and let us know your thoughts so we can make a clear decision with our loyal and wonderful community.

I look forward to hearing from you all
Sincerely Maniac

Offline gracey

• eeyaar
    • View Profile
Re: DO WE SHUT SOE DOWN FOR GOOD?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 04:52:28 pm »
to be honest it's numbers have dwindled a ton since you first announced closing and from then it's been kinda dead
if it serves no purpose to you guys at this point and players aren't playing, i think you guys should pull the plug
all in all, up to you guys though

i'm an artist n' animator.
lolipoptable
is my yt n' my da is ddddspup

Offline Nala18

• I'm Different!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:00:16 pm »
I want to keep this game... many good games have leave us, and SoE is the one that gives me more memories... I can't loose it again.

Offline KittyEatsTheSky

• trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 01:58:31 am »
to be very honest, i believe it should be shut down.
yes, there are a few players that come on every now and then. but the community is not thriving enough for it to stay up for that purpose. having a server up just for maybe 10 people to log in every now and then doesn’t seem worth it to me. I love SOE, I’ve followed its journey for 5+ years now. I think it’ll be an overdue but needed farewell.
the game was an amazing one, with wonderful staff, community, etc. there were many tough times but we always came back as a family and rekindled things. there’s no denying SoE was a one of a kind server.

with that being said, it’s re-release was exciting but unfortunately, most of the community has left. it isn’t as fun to play when you’re the only one on. the reason SoE was so fun and unique was because of the staff and the community. it was extremely opening, alive and friendly. without anyone on, it’s very dull. it’s like a party without anyone there. can you have fun alone? of course but after a few months or years of no one else hardly being there with you, it gets bland and boring.

an odd comparison, but to sum it up, I do believe SoE should be closed once more.

Isles of Eventide