Stats
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Don't forget to check your Junk or Spam folder for your registration e-mail.

Author Topic: Marketing Isles of Eventide.  (Read 221 times)

Offline Resonance

• Mercenary Artist
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Marketing Isles of Eventide.
« on: January 31, 2015, 01:44:13 pm »
I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I figure this was the best place according to the Questions & Sections thread.

I was mainly interested in suggesting and/or asking about any kind of advertising you have planned. I don't mean like paying for adspace on websites or commercials or anything that actually costs something, but just how you want to get your name out there.

I first found out about this game yesterday, when someone on tumblr reblogged your Kickstarter video. Now the video is really excellent, and incredibly exciting. But it's also a bit long, and anyone in a public space probably wouldn't watch it because it plays a lot of sound. Excellent sound, but any sound is not so good on a library computer or commuter train. And it doesn't give the full scope of the game; you have to go to the kickstarter page to really see how amazing this thing is really going to be. And many people are unwilling to go leave their current site, especially for a money-mongering site like kickstarter.

My main suggestion, then, is to take some of the really amazing content on your kickstarter and put it out into social media. The screenshots you've been posting are lovely, but without context they either don't make sense or don't generate the excitement and anticipation this game really deserves.

So I suppose I'd like to ask if it would be possible to post some of the information and corresponding art from your kickstarter page. A general kind of post introducing Isles of Eventide as a free animal-based MMO and its plotline, posts describing the various species and the kinds of customization that will be available, posts about the rune stones and magic in the game, posts about the islands in development. The kinds of things that would catch attention and explain the game in a way that is easy to understand and would really encourage people to get excited and share around.

Might be best coming from the official IoE accounts, but if there isn't time or anything like that, would it be possible for members/fans to post information for you? Think it would be a great way to pull in some last-minute interest and funding for your kickstarter campaign.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 08:28:04 pm by CorruptTempest »

Offline Kamata

• Public Relations
  • Staff on Hiatus
  • A little bit weird ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Marketing Isles of Eventide
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:00:33 pm »
Hi Resonance,
Thank you for taking taking the time to express your concerns. Let me see if I can give you the answers you're looking for :)

The video of the kickstarter is generally viewable from the media it's posted on (I know facebook and twitter especially allow this). Generally people won't have to leave the media site they're on to view it.
As for sound, I do understand how people may not want to hear it if they're in public places, though they always have the option of headphones or muting their device.

I think it'd be a wonderful idea to start adding more about game features into the social media and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will start working with the team to build up a few posts and try to captivate parts of the game into them.

Thank you again for writing and for your support of our game, we really appreciate it!

Isles of Eventide